Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bristol Renaissance Faire (7/25/10)

Last weekend my Meet Up group had a trip to the Bristol Renaissance Faire in Kenosha, Wisconsin. I hadn't been to a renaissance faire since taking Kaitlyn to the one in Pennsylvania when she was about four years old. I made her come with us because despite her early protests I knew she would love it and, like a mom that knows her child all too well, I was right! It was so much fun, in fact, that we are taking her and a couple of her friends back up there in a couple of weeks. My personal mission for this Meet Up was to work on street photography/portraiture, an area at which I don't consider myself to be very good. I have to admit I was more than shocked by how good some of my pictures turned out...





I loved this guy's mismatched shoes and advertisement dress.


Katie and I thought this guy looked a little like Robin Williams!







This is by far one of my most favorite photos, she was so interestingly made up and it worked really well against the backdrop of those trees!






When this woman smiled, her grin was almost as big as the necklace she wore!!





This woman totally rocked the Irish Harp and she sang really beautifully as well.


Mmm, yea!



Male, female...jury is still out.

There was something Da Vinci about this fellow!




This lady was the bomb!! She was really missing her front two teeth and worked that character like she really was back in the day. She was super fascinating and fun to photograph as you will see...





Mr. Fiddle was quite flirty!!


I believe this was the Queen.



What spectacular eyes!!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

What awesome photos Mary! I LOVED them ... and now I want to go too ... sigh.

jimhopper said...

I love the Bristol Faire. It is just on the border of WI and IL. We live in MKE and get there at least twice a year. Love it!

Thanks for the great pics!