Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mitchell Park Conservatory

On Saturday morning we drive in the somewhat balmy drizzle up north to Milwaukee to join our Meet Up group at the "The Domes" at the Mitchell Park Conservatory for a indoor shoot. I envisioned it being similar to the Garfield Park Conservatory in Chicago, but that was not the case. It was somewhat less impressive, but they did have a seasonal train layout in one of the dome, which is where I spent most of my time. I have always loved theose miniature train layouts and have wanted to build one, but absent the multi channeled resources required to pull that off, this was deinitely the next best thing. It provided a wealth of photographic opportunities and I was quickly lost the the micro world before me. I did shoot soime plants after that, but they weren't as bountiful or impressive as our adventure a few weeks earlier. Still, I think I came away with some good stuff...








































In typical form, I neglected to jot down the names of any of the plants I photohraphed...eventually I will remember to do that!



















Robert, these coffee beans are for you!








I think this one (above) is my favorite from the trip.




I love how the flower looks like it is crying.




No comments: